STABILISE USING THE POSTURE MEDIC
The Posture Medic helps stabilise your shoulders through muscle training. You maintain your full range of motion while wearing the device and it gently reminds you to correct to your posture whenever you relapse into incorrect postures such as slouching. It works to build “muscle memory” so that you unconsciously and naturally maintain correct posture without fatigue. The stabilising exercises improve the strength in the small muscles of your upper body helping you stand and sit tall with your shoulders squared, chin up, chest out and stomach in. If standing, proper posture means that you can draw a straight line from your earlobe through your shoulder, hip, knee and down to the middle of your ankle. Those with recurring shoulder dislocation or trauma injuries to the shoulder girdle can especially benefit from the Posture Medic exercises.
Remember to Stretch before you stabilise your muscles.This may increase your range of motion and reduce pain, making stabilisation more effective. Strengthening our neck and back muscles will help you maintain your posture for longer periods of time.
HOW TO PUT POSTURE MEDIC ON
- START WITH PALMS FACING OUT & POSTURE MEDIC RESTING ON HIPS.
- SLOWLY BEND ELBOWS AND SLIDE THEM THROUGH THE RINGS OF THE POSTURE MEDIC.
- SLIDE THE POSTURE MEDIC OVER SHOULDERS.
POSTURE MEDIC DO:
- Do — view all videos and how-to pictures here on our Instructions pages to learn the proper steps.
- Do — begin by wearing your Posture Medic for no more than 15 minutes per day to assess your body’s imbalances.
- Do — begin by doing basic stretches 1x per day, for 5-15 seconds to assess tightness.
- Do — begin by doing basic exercises 1x per day, 15 repetitions to assess weakness.
- Do — use the Posture Medic as a reminder to maintain good posture.
- Do — basic exercises and stretches daily.
POSTURE MEDIC DON’T:
- Do NOT wear for longer then 30 minutes at a time.
- Do NOT continue to wear if any tingling begins in your arms (immediately remove).
- Do NOT continue to wear if any pain or pinching arises (immediately remove).
- Do NOT count on Posture Medic to fix your posture just by wearing it, you must do the stretches and exercises to gain long term success.
- Do NOT use Posture Medic for ANY other purpose than is expressed through our instructions found in our Instruction Manual.